Esri Canada - Geographic Education
Statistics Canada produces statistics that help Canadians better understand their country—its population, resources, economy, society and culture.
Geography Awareness Week - November 17 to 23, 2013
Welcome to the Great Canadian Geography Challenge - After 14 successful years and over 2 million student participants, the Geography Challenge continues to build interest in geography among young Canadians by allowing them to test their knowledge in friendly competition.
Geocube…… re-inventing the way to explore Geography. Geocube is an attractive online resource about Geography. Geocube is based on the principle of the Rubik Cube with six faces and 54 topics. It is a virtual and easily accessible website which is available online for free. Move the Geocube around with your mouse and explore the faces and topics.Geocube provides an accessible way to read, see and watch what Geography is and geographers do.
OOKPIK is your gateway to Arctic networks, knowledge, opinions and events. This site is designed for Arctic youth, with contributions from Arctic youth.
Explore Camp!!! (children ages 5 -18) In 2006 the Queen's University Geography Department and its students established Explore Camp, designed to excite children ages 5 -18 about Geography through education and play. They would like to share with you a manual to help you set up a similar program at your institution. All we ask is that you pass on any helpful hints or improvements to email@example.com.
Earth Sciences for Society - International Year of Planet Earth
The Geographic Education website - sponsored by the CAG Education Study Group. The purpose of this site is to provide various resources and links to resources pertinent to geographic education in Canada.
Web resources for human geography, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science can be found at Geosource.
The International Geographical Union and the Società Geografica Italiana have collaborated with the Villa Celimontana Home of Geography in disseminating information about geography. In this context, the SGI will open its library, map collection, and museum to geographers who wish to visit the Home of Geography .
The Royal Canadian Geographical Society is dedicated to imparting a broader knowledge and deeper appreciation of Canada — its people and places, its natural and cultural heritage and its environmental, social and economic challenges.
The Canadian Atlas Online is an online mapping tool with great geography-related thematics such as climate change, weather and Canada’s natural regions. Find great games for students and lesson plans for teachers!
The Historical Atlas of Canada Online Learning Project has been developed at the Cartography Office in the Department of Geography at the University of Toronto.
Much like the rest of the world, Canada is still developing as a nation. To make sense of this ever-changing country, the Canada e-Book uses sound, images, tables, graphs and both analytical and descriptive text to look at Canada-The Land, The People, The Economy and The State.
Other geography resources
- About Geography
- An Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Association of Collegiate Schools of Planning
Atlas of Canada, Natural Resources Canada
- Canada e-Book
Canadian Council for Geographic Education
Canadian Climate Data
- Canadian Geographical Names
- Conservation Ecology - Index
- Convention on Biological Diversity - Training Tool
- Convert-me.Com Interactive measurements calculator
- Current Weather Conditions
- Directory of open access journals
- ECOLEX - A gateway to Environmental Law
- Education Planet Geography and Countries,Geography Lesson Plans
- Environmental Organization Web Directory
- Geography Zone
GEsource (World Guide)
Geoscience Links (courtesy, University of Windsor)
- GEOSOURCE webdirectory for geography and geosciences
- Geo_publishing.org - A Publishing Resource for Geographers
- Grand dictionnaire terminologique
- How to Write a Seminar Paper, a Research Proposal and a Thesis
- Northern Climate Exchange Knowledge Site
- Nystrom - maps, globes, atlases and programs for K-college
Oral Presentation Advice
Physical geography links (courtesy, U of Ottawa)
- Research Methods Tutorial
- Research Process
- Resource management links (courtesy, U of Ottawa)
- Science and Development Network
- Science Community Forum
- Statistics Canada - Learning Resources
- The Atlas of Canada - Home
- The Canadian Encyclopedia
- The Degree Confluence Project
- The Geographer's Craft Project - Main Page
- The R Project for Statistical Computing
- USGS and Science Education
- Virtual Library on Migration and Ethnic Relations
Other Geo Links
- ASPRS The Imaging & Geospatial Information Society
- Canadian Aeronautics And Space Institute
- Canadian Institute of Geomatics
- Centre for Earth Observation Science, CEOS
- Centre for Topographic Information
- Chips - Free image processing system
- ESRI Canada
- Free Landsat NALC Images United States N.A.L.C. Photoshop
- geoCOMMUNITY - GIS, CAD, GPS, mobile industry maps,news,jobs,data free software
- GIS links (courtesy, U of Ottawa)
- GRASS GIS Homepage
- Géomatique SIGISCO Inc.
- Imaging Notes
- Landsat7 Data Access
- NOAA Home Page
- RADARSAT International
- Remote sensing and geomatics links (courtesy, U of Ottawa)
- Ressources Cartographiques
- Space Imaging
- Student Association of Geographic Analysis
- The GIS Portal
- Aboriginal Canada Portal Home Page
- Aboriginal Planet
Atlas of Canada, Natural Resources Canada
- Canadian Ice Service
- Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation daptation
- Department of Canadian Heritage
- Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Environment Canada's Green Lane
- Geological Survey of Canada
- Indian and Northern Affairs Canada
- Marine Services On-line
- Meteorological Service of Canada (MSC)
- Natural Resources Canada
- Parks Canada
- Statistics Canada - Canada's National Statistical Agency